Many people today have a growing desire to explore their spirituality.
This desire emerges and develops in rich and varied ways:
- For some people this desire occurs within their personal life experiences, through reflection upon their inner-self, through meditation or the search for deeper meaning in their lives.
- For others this desire is discovered within their relationships, through their yearning to develop or deepen the quality of these relationships, whether with individuals, within groups or within the wider global community.
- There are some whose desire is born out of their commitment to bring about justice within the social systems in which they live and work.
- While others in their passion for the natural world desire to ground their deep concern for the well-being of the environment in a spiritual context.
In spiritual accompaniment, you are accompanied to attend to the life-giving presence of what is ultimate in your life as you perceive it.
Spiritual accompaniment is known by many names: spiritual direction, spiritual companioning, spiritual guidance, spiritual mentoring etc. For example, spiritual accompaniers:
- Help people to develop a contemplative stance to enable them to be present to the spiritual within all things.
- Assist men and women to experience their spirituality amidst the joys and struggles of their personal relationships.
- Stand alongside people so that they find a liberating spiritual energy as source of empowerment in the justice work to which they are called.
- Help people to experience their spirituality within nature as a way of grounding their deep concern for the well-being of the natural environment.
Spiritual direction can be provided in one-to-one, group or corporate contexts.
The Fullness of Life Centre offers spiritual accompaniment in-person and through a secure, digital communication platform using encrypted video conferencing.